Skip to main content

Pages

Not sure if you've noticed but just under my blog header photo you will see the introduction of some new pages.
I had designed some of these a while ago but had them hidden, partly because I didn't have enough time to get them sorted as I wanted and also not sure if they would be of any interest! However over the last few weeks (with my more frequent posting - not sure how long that will last!?) I have been receiving more emails about some of my quilting bees and questions as to how to get involved in them, where I have purchased my fabric from and so on. So hopefully over the next few weeks these pages will be developed!
Here is where you can play along!
Do you have a weekly link along on your blog that you want to advertise here?
Are you new to blogging (or maybe I've not come across your blog yet - although I have a rather long {lovely places to visit} list that keeps me entertained for hours!) and would like your blog or a particular post to be featured!?
If so get in touch! Yep there's even a contact page up there!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zippy pouches

Remember the QAYG panels from yesterday?
Ta-da! Here they are made into new zippy pouches!

These were so much fun to make and I'm kinda in love with them :)
I used the open wide zippered pouch tutorial from Noodlehead, although I went with my own measurements based on the panels I made and added a little divided pocket to the large pouch. They have a really good firm structure due to the wadding from the QAYG method, and although the QAYG method did take a bit more time than using a single fabric I really like the finished texture and feel of them.

Some people on IG and Flickr asked how I managed to get the stitching so neat. If you look really closely it's not perfect! I used Coats Cotton in white to sew with both as top thread and in the bobbin, stitch length 2.5 (on my Bernina 1005) and my 1/4 inch foot. When I get to the end of a row all I do is keep the needle in the work, lift up the presser foot, pivot, carefully raise the needle and move the work over so the edge of th…

Presenting the new restyled - refashioned sewing box!

Well it's finished - and I'm really pleased with it!
It may not be to every ones taste but it needed to have a little bit of pink in there somewhere!


After taking it apart completely, sanding it down, priming it, spray painting it, trying to put it back together in one go and then lining the compartment it was all worth it. It's been a learning curve!
This is also the first time that I've used spray paint - I'm normally a paint and paint brush kind of girl but now I'm a total convert and can see an addiction forming!
It's definitely worth paying the extra for the can of primer but the UK weather does not help when you're trying to spray paint and the wind is blowing and it's threatening rain!!
Now all I need to do is fill it with all my sewing bits and bobs!


Photos are not of great quality as it is so dull here at the moment! More photos over on flickr!