Sunday, May 13, 2012

Hexies

Spent this afternoon cutting out lots of hexies - which was rather relaxing.
15 large hexies in the grey cotton, 15 small hexies in the purple print and 15 small hexies in fusible wadding!
Now don't ask me why because I don't know!!
Literally I have no idea. You may think this strange but it's for a mystery project that my local quilting group are doing. This week I will be finding out the next stage and hopefully some idea of what these little lovelies may turn into?!

Stage 1 ~ I ironed the purple fabric onto the fusible wadding. First time using fusible wadding and this stuff is genius!
Stage 2 ~ made a sandwich by ironing the purple print to the wrong side of the grey cotton (although there is no real wrong side here!?)
So now have 15 little fabric sandwiches waiting for their next move!!