Skip to main content
The reason for setting up this blog was to share and swap craft projects with others, so less about the weather and here we go .....
It's been a busy day crafting!
I love the blog Allsorts by Jenny Harris and particularly her Scotty Stuffie pattern that she has kindly made available. So this afternoon thought I would have a go at making my own. I'm really pleased with the end result, I decided to use a caramel brown cord fabric to give it a bit of texture. He's quite a tiny one at 16cm tall so was a bit fiddly at times!




I been meaning to make some sort of wallet/pouch type thing for ages to hold bits of paper, coupons etc to stick in my bag. Voila! I used PVC type fabric for the outer and cotton for the lining. I am really pleased with the outcome and it's already filled. Will be a great little travel pouch for passport etc aswell.
One tip when sewing the PVC is to use freezer paper or baking paper to cover the fabric as this prevents it sticking to the machine, which gets really annoying!



One more thing before I go, need a rest after all this crafting - I love seeing other people's pictures of thrift stores finds and the amazing things they do with them. Our thrift (charity) stores over here are not so filled with crafters delights but amazingly I found this tweed fabric for £2. Not sure what to do with it yet but couldn't let it go!

Comments

feli said…
WOW...the dog is sooo cute and the wallet is fantastic I like the spotty fabrics and I am obssessed with spots now. That and the colour RED

Popular posts from this blog

Zippy pouches

Remember the QAYG panels from yesterday?
Ta-da! Here they are made into new zippy pouches!

These were so much fun to make and I'm kinda in love with them :)
I used the open wide zippered pouch tutorial from Noodlehead, although I went with my own measurements based on the panels I made and added a little divided pocket to the large pouch. They have a really good firm structure due to the wadding from the QAYG method, and although the QAYG method did take a bit more time than using a single fabric I really like the finished texture and feel of them.

Some people on IG and Flickr asked how I managed to get the stitching so neat. If you look really closely it's not perfect! I used Coats Cotton in white to sew with both as top thread and in the bobbin, stitch length 2.5 (on my Bernina 1005) and my 1/4 inch foot. When I get to the end of a row all I do is keep the needle in the work, lift up the presser foot, pivot, carefully raise the needle and move the work over so the edge of th…

Presenting the new restyled - refashioned sewing box!

Well it's finished - and I'm really pleased with it!
It may not be to every ones taste but it needed to have a little bit of pink in there somewhere!


After taking it apart completely, sanding it down, priming it, spray painting it, trying to put it back together in one go and then lining the compartment it was all worth it. It's been a learning curve!
This is also the first time that I've used spray paint - I'm normally a paint and paint brush kind of girl but now I'm a total convert and can see an addiction forming!
It's definitely worth paying the extra for the can of primer but the UK weather does not help when you're trying to spray paint and the wind is blowing and it's threatening rain!!
Now all I need to do is fill it with all my sewing bits and bobs!


Photos are not of great quality as it is so dull here at the moment! More photos over on flickr!