Monday, February 12, 2007

The reason for setting up this blog was to share and swap craft projects with others, so less about the weather and here we go .....
It's been a busy day crafting!
I love the blog Allsorts by Jenny Harris and particularly her Scotty Stuffie pattern that she has kindly made available. So this afternoon thought I would have a go at making my own. I'm really pleased with the end result, I decided to use a caramel brown cord fabric to give it a bit of texture. He's quite a tiny one at 16cm tall so was a bit fiddly at times!




I been meaning to make some sort of wallet/pouch type thing for ages to hold bits of paper, coupons etc to stick in my bag. Voila! I used PVC type fabric for the outer and cotton for the lining. I am really pleased with the outcome and it's already filled. Will be a great little travel pouch for passport etc aswell.
One tip when sewing the PVC is to use freezer paper or baking paper to cover the fabric as this prevents it sticking to the machine, which gets really annoying!



One more thing before I go, need a rest after all this crafting - I love seeing other people's pictures of thrift stores finds and the amazing things they do with them. Our thrift (charity) stores over here are not so filled with crafters delights but amazingly I found this tweed fabric for £2. Not sure what to do with it yet but couldn't let it go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW...the dog is sooo cute and the wallet is fantastic I like the spotty fabrics and I am obssessed with spots now. That and the colour RED