Skip to main content

Friday giveaway !!

Well as promised here is my first giveaway! Thanks to those who left comments or sent emails about my cover button tutorial, hope it inspired or helped in some way!

So up for grabs is the cute little set of strawberry buttons plus some other little crafty surprises!



All you need to do is leave a comment on this post by Wednesday 20th June and then I will choose a winner!

Good Luck!

Comments

aBookworm said…
Oh, that's beautiful. Count me in!
sheree said…
those are so adorable. please count me in! :)

sheree
dawn said…
well count me in too! I'm visiting via "the purse project" as I read your comment today!
woof nanny said…
Super cute! I've seen buttons covered in neckties, and that's on my 'to do' list. One girl even made a bracelet out of them.
Mo said…
Those are cute. How generous of you to give them away! Thanks for the comment on my blog by the way. I'm always happy to find that people actually read it!
bu&bau said…
Thanks for the tutorial. Love those strawberry buttons, count me in.
I have never seen that covering tool here, but I will look up for it.
hugs
♥♥♥
Ana
zenzhetty said…
Thank you for the tutorial! Those strawberry buttons look good enough to eat~! Count me in!
feli said…
I know I am a little bit late but here goes anyway. :)

How cute are those buttons!!
Sing Yee said…
Oh! Am I too late? I hope not... Those buttons are so cute! :D

Popular posts from this blog

Zippy pouches

Remember the QAYG panels from yesterday?
Ta-da! Here they are made into new zippy pouches!

These were so much fun to make and I'm kinda in love with them :)
I used the open wide zippered pouch tutorial from Noodlehead, although I went with my own measurements based on the panels I made and added a little divided pocket to the large pouch. They have a really good firm structure due to the wadding from the QAYG method, and although the QAYG method did take a bit more time than using a single fabric I really like the finished texture and feel of them.

Some people on IG and Flickr asked how I managed to get the stitching so neat. If you look really closely it's not perfect! I used Coats Cotton in white to sew with both as top thread and in the bobbin, stitch length 2.5 (on my Bernina 1005) and my 1/4 inch foot. When I get to the end of a row all I do is keep the needle in the work, lift up the presser foot, pivot, carefully raise the needle and move the work over so the edge of th…

Presenting the new restyled - refashioned sewing box!

Well it's finished - and I'm really pleased with it!
It may not be to every ones taste but it needed to have a little bit of pink in there somewhere!


After taking it apart completely, sanding it down, priming it, spray painting it, trying to put it back together in one go and then lining the compartment it was all worth it. It's been a learning curve!
This is also the first time that I've used spray paint - I'm normally a paint and paint brush kind of girl but now I'm a total convert and can see an addiction forming!
It's definitely worth paying the extra for the can of primer but the UK weather does not help when you're trying to spray paint and the wind is blowing and it's threatening rain!!
Now all I need to do is fill it with all my sewing bits and bobs!


Photos are not of great quality as it is so dull here at the moment! More photos over on flickr!