Friday, April 21, 2023

Sew Hot Brand Rep make!

My first Sew Hot Brand Rep week over on IG has come to an end and what a great week it was! 

So, what did I end up making .....

The Patchwork Duffle by Knot and Thread Design!

I recently discovered Knot and Thread Design and love the style of patterns written by Kaitlyn. I'm so happy with how the bag turned out and it's extra roomy size. Choosing the patchwork version worked really well with the fabric and I'm glad I made the additional carrying strap. Now I just need somewhere to go!

So here are all the details (and photos!) in case you fancy making one yourself:

Pattern - Patchwork Duffle by Knot and Thread Design

Fabric - Lucky Rabbit by Heather Ross for Windham Fabrics. I used this fabric for the main outer and lining of the bag with a couple of solid fabrics from my stash for the binding of the end pockets, inner bias binding and main bag handles. 

I used my good old favourite Bosal In R Form single sided fusible in place of batting which gives it great structure!

It was my first time making fabric covered handles, as I usually use a cotton coloured webbing, but I'm a convert!! I used polypropylene webbing white covered with a solid fabric. 

The zipper is a By Annie handbag zipper and I love the pop of colour!

The instructions for making the additional carrying strap are not in the pattern but there is a fantastic Youtube video by Knot and Thread Design taking you through each step of making. I went with a scrappy patchwork version using up what fabric I had left and am really happy with how it turned out. I haven't really used a lot of hardware in my bag making before, not sure why, but I love the professional finish you get. I used Serial Bag Makers strap adjusters and swivel snap hooks in gunmetal and Emmaline Bags triangle rings in gunmetal. 

The bag was all made on my Bernina Artista 170, sewn with various colours of Aurifil 50 wt thread. 

For a finishing touch I added a little "one of a kind" Dritz leather label 💖 

(Ad - Lucky Rabbit fabric provided by Sew Hot UK as part of my Sew Hot Brand Rep week in return for my posts on IG)

If you've made or a making a Patchwork Duffle let me know as I love seeing all the different versions. 

Until next time - Happy Stitching Xx


No comments: