I've been meaning to write about this for ages so as we near the end of the year its seems about time I get round to it!
The quilt was made and given away several months ago, so I'll try and remember the details!
Not a good start as I can't remember the name of the block or the site where I got it from, so if anyone recognises it please let me know!
After constructing the blocks with a jelly roll and playing around with the layout I managed to make my quilt sandwich and baste it ready for machine quilting. This was definitely a learning curve having only ever quilted bags or items no bigger than A4 but this was my favourite part!!
I went with a stipple design for quilting and for the binding I sewed several remaining pieces of the jelly roll together to make a slightly scrappy but co-ordinating binding which I then machine bound.
I was really pleased with this little quilt and about where it was heading!
Having joined the London Modern Quilt Guild this year, members were busy making and donating baby quilts for our chosen charity so I joined in too. It was handed over to the Octavia Appeal (Friends of Royal Brompton Hospital). The Octavia Appeal helps the paediatric intensive care unit and ward.