Skip to main content

Boxy pouch


As you may or may not know by now I love making bags and pouches!! These have been my main makes of 2013.
Quilts well..... 2013 saw the completion of my first quilt, baby sized, but still a quilt! I have a few quilt tops in progress which hopefully will transform into completed quilts in 2014 but for now its all about the boxy pouch!
I had seen lots of lovely boxy pouches on IG and Flickr and could never really work out how they were made with a lining but thanks to a wonderful pattern here I'm now a happy boxy pouch owner and have a few more in the pipeline with a few changes to the original pattern. This pouch is a great size and really handy for storing lots of bits and bobs!



Comments

That is a fab pouch, love the fabric you chose!
Lovely box bag! Happy Holidays to you !!!

Popular posts from this blog

Zippy pouches

Remember the QAYG panels from yesterday?
Ta-da! Here they are made into new zippy pouches!

These were so much fun to make and I'm kinda in love with them :)
I used the open wide zippered pouch tutorial from Noodlehead, although I went with my own measurements based on the panels I made and added a little divided pocket to the large pouch. They have a really good firm structure due to the wadding from the QAYG method, and although the QAYG method did take a bit more time than using a single fabric I really like the finished texture and feel of them.

Some people on IG and Flickr asked how I managed to get the stitching so neat. If you look really closely it's not perfect! I used Coats Cotton in white to sew with both as top thread and in the bobbin, stitch length 2.5 (on my Bernina 1005) and my 1/4 inch foot. When I get to the end of a row all I do is keep the needle in the work, lift up the presser foot, pivot, carefully raise the needle and move the work over so the edge of th…

Presenting the new restyled - refashioned sewing box!

Well it's finished - and I'm really pleased with it!
It may not be to every ones taste but it needed to have a little bit of pink in there somewhere!


After taking it apart completely, sanding it down, priming it, spray painting it, trying to put it back together in one go and then lining the compartment it was all worth it. It's been a learning curve!
This is also the first time that I've used spray paint - I'm normally a paint and paint brush kind of girl but now I'm a total convert and can see an addiction forming!
It's definitely worth paying the extra for the can of primer but the UK weather does not help when you're trying to spray paint and the wind is blowing and it's threatening rain!!
Now all I need to do is fill it with all my sewing bits and bobs!


Photos are not of great quality as it is so dull here at the moment! More photos over on flickr!