Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Janet Clare workshop

Another great thing that I discovered about the Festival of Quilts were all the amazing work shops and lectures on offer. Unfortunately I missed out on the lecture "Inspirations with Amy Butler" but I managed to get myself a place on a workshop called "Drawing with your sewing machine" with the lovely and talented Janet Clare.
This was sooo much fun! I was a little hesitant a first because we were using Pfaff machines and sorry to Pfaff but I'm a Bernina girl at heart, but after a little practice it was a lovely machine to use and then I realised how basic (but still lovely!) my little machine is!


Janet demonstrated all her amazing skills and techniques and showed us her lovely little houses cushion and then off I went. Everyone was lovely and friendly and the talent and skill in the room was so inspiring.
At the end of the 3 hour twilight workshop I was really pleased with my interpretation of the little houses cushion and was chuffed that I had a finished item to take home!

 


Anyway until next time - which may be a few days, start of school term here tomorrow which means back to work for me! Goodbye summer hols!

No comments: