Skip to main content

Stash building (or trying to!)

My fabric stash is growing slowly and steadily!
It is still very small and I'm still very envious of fabric stashes that fill complete cupboards or even take up a whole wall!
Some of the reasons why it is not as huge as I would like it to be:
1. I find it really hard to source good quality fabrics in my local area. Although John Lewis are doing better these days.
2. At times fabric seems to be expensive in the UK.
3. At times more important bills need paying - a huge dental one around the corner!!
4. I particularly like lots of the American designers and Moda which can often be scarce in some shops.
5. I normally see a nice handbag that I don't need but I want!!

But I do need to start thinking about the fabric for my fellow Bee Europa bee's as July is my block month, so picked up these as possibles.
Verna by Kate Spain for Moda.


Hushabye by Tula Pink for Moda


Tilda cotton in Sand


See the stash is growing!

Comments

Mandy Noble said…
Lovely lovely fabrics! Nothing like a bit of stash building. X
by Daisy said…
little stash or not, it's a lovely stash. your choice of fabrics is impecable. now i'm envying your stash too!

i'm having a giveaway this week and you are very welcomed there. it's a small thing, but it's my first giveaway and i'm having a blast!
Adriana said…
Beautiful fabric. My stash is also slowly forming, because the lack of real good fabric stores in my town (and surrounding) I occasionally puchase them online on ebay.

greetz, Adriana
Megan said…
My stash is pretty much non-existent too. Sad. But I'm just starting out, so that is my excuse. ;)
Newest follower!

Popular posts from this blog

Zippy pouches

Remember the QAYG panels from yesterday?
Ta-da! Here they are made into new zippy pouches!

These were so much fun to make and I'm kinda in love with them :)
I used the open wide zippered pouch tutorial from Noodlehead, although I went with my own measurements based on the panels I made and added a little divided pocket to the large pouch. They have a really good firm structure due to the wadding from the QAYG method, and although the QAYG method did take a bit more time than using a single fabric I really like the finished texture and feel of them.

Some people on IG and Flickr asked how I managed to get the stitching so neat. If you look really closely it's not perfect! I used Coats Cotton in white to sew with both as top thread and in the bobbin, stitch length 2.5 (on my Bernina 1005) and my 1/4 inch foot. When I get to the end of a row all I do is keep the needle in the work, lift up the presser foot, pivot, carefully raise the needle and move the work over so the edge of th…

Presenting the new restyled - refashioned sewing box!

Well it's finished - and I'm really pleased with it!
It may not be to every ones taste but it needed to have a little bit of pink in there somewhere!


After taking it apart completely, sanding it down, priming it, spray painting it, trying to put it back together in one go and then lining the compartment it was all worth it. It's been a learning curve!
This is also the first time that I've used spray paint - I'm normally a paint and paint brush kind of girl but now I'm a total convert and can see an addiction forming!
It's definitely worth paying the extra for the can of primer but the UK weather does not help when you're trying to spray paint and the wind is blowing and it's threatening rain!!
Now all I need to do is fill it with all my sewing bits and bobs!


Photos are not of great quality as it is so dull here at the moment! More photos over on flickr!