Thursday, July 23, 2009

Screen printing update

Just after Christmas I started an evening class exploring a range of textile printing methods. Now I did say that I would post about this regularly but that never happened!
So a bit of a catch up....
This was my second attempt at printing on a large scale. I seem to enjoy printing on metres of fabric rather than just a small square!!
I learnt my lesson the first time around when I used a small screen and got join lines on the fabric.


So after rethinking my design, cutting loads more paper stencils, getting organised and hey presto - I was really happy with how this turned out in terms of the design and the colour!





Lots more tomorrow!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

That looks like a very big screen you used! What plans do you have for the fabric?