Skip to main content

Great find, and you'll be helping others too!

After a visit to Help the Aged charity shop today I came across a new range of products they are stocking called the "Well" range. I spotted these lovely cushions. What really caught my attention was the fab and different fringe, out of a range of fabrics and colours.


Photo is taken from their website, which does not show the fringe too closely.
(Sorry was chicken again to take photos whilst in a shop!)

"The cushion's fringes are made our of scrap material from the garment industry in Delhi, India. The producers of these cushions employ over 50 people to make them, and the workers enjoy fair trade conditions, and a share of the producer's profits. This product is part of Help the Aged's brand new ethical and environmentally friendly 'well' range".
(Taken from Help the Aged website)

I'll be popping back soon to see if they have a pink one in stock!

Comments

Drea said…
sounds like a great product helping a few great causes. thanks for sharing!

Popular posts from this blog

Zippy pouches

Remember the QAYG panels from yesterday?
Ta-da! Here they are made into new zippy pouches!

These were so much fun to make and I'm kinda in love with them :)
I used the open wide zippered pouch tutorial from Noodlehead, although I went with my own measurements based on the panels I made and added a little divided pocket to the large pouch. They have a really good firm structure due to the wadding from the QAYG method, and although the QAYG method did take a bit more time than using a single fabric I really like the finished texture and feel of them.

Some people on IG and Flickr asked how I managed to get the stitching so neat. If you look really closely it's not perfect! I used Coats Cotton in white to sew with both as top thread and in the bobbin, stitch length 2.5 (on my Bernina 1005) and my 1/4 inch foot. When I get to the end of a row all I do is keep the needle in the work, lift up the presser foot, pivot, carefully raise the needle and move the work over so the edge of th…

Presenting the new restyled - refashioned sewing box!

Well it's finished - and I'm really pleased with it!
It may not be to every ones taste but it needed to have a little bit of pink in there somewhere!


After taking it apart completely, sanding it down, priming it, spray painting it, trying to put it back together in one go and then lining the compartment it was all worth it. It's been a learning curve!
This is also the first time that I've used spray paint - I'm normally a paint and paint brush kind of girl but now I'm a total convert and can see an addiction forming!
It's definitely worth paying the extra for the can of primer but the UK weather does not help when you're trying to spray paint and the wind is blowing and it's threatening rain!!
Now all I need to do is fill it with all my sewing bits and bobs!


Photos are not of great quality as it is so dull here at the moment! More photos over on flickr!