Skip to main content

Just one little quilt block ....


So August is my month for my quilting Bee "Bee Europa" and I've chosen the Churn Dash quilt block. I quickly made up a sample block to test the tutorial, which is a fab one by Sew Me, and made sure I had enough fabric, snapped a quick photo on my iPhone, uploaded it to Flickr and that was me done.

Bee fabric prep, Happy Go Lucky by Bonnie and Camille ~
My practice Churn Dash quilt block ~
Then the next day I started to get several likes of the photo from people who were not my contacts and seemed to have no link to quilting or sewing!? I was puzzled so logged onto Flickr to check the photo and activity and was amazed with what I saw!!

I was shocked - I know my photos get a few views generally and the same goes for the blog - I know there are a handful of peeps that find me and what I do somewhat interesting, most of the time :) but I was amazed at how many views this little old photo had!
I then found out I had been "explored", sounds kinda weird in so many ways! Shows how much I actually don't know about Flickr. It was a lovely surprise to have my photo added to Explore and that a little old quilt block was so popular!!! Current views 3603!
Bee Europa pretty piles ready to be sent out ~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zippy pouches

Remember the QAYG panels from yesterday?
Ta-da! Here they are made into new zippy pouches!

These were so much fun to make and I'm kinda in love with them :)
I used the open wide zippered pouch tutorial from Noodlehead, although I went with my own measurements based on the panels I made and added a little divided pocket to the large pouch. They have a really good firm structure due to the wadding from the QAYG method, and although the QAYG method did take a bit more time than using a single fabric I really like the finished texture and feel of them.

Some people on IG and Flickr asked how I managed to get the stitching so neat. If you look really closely it's not perfect! I used Coats Cotton in white to sew with both as top thread and in the bobbin, stitch length 2.5 (on my Bernina 1005) and my 1/4 inch foot. When I get to the end of a row all I do is keep the needle in the work, lift up the presser foot, pivot, carefully raise the needle and move the work over so the edge of th…

Presenting the new restyled - refashioned sewing box!

Well it's finished - and I'm really pleased with it!
It may not be to every ones taste but it needed to have a little bit of pink in there somewhere!


After taking it apart completely, sanding it down, priming it, spray painting it, trying to put it back together in one go and then lining the compartment it was all worth it. It's been a learning curve!
This is also the first time that I've used spray paint - I'm normally a paint and paint brush kind of girl but now I'm a total convert and can see an addiction forming!
It's definitely worth paying the extra for the can of primer but the UK weather does not help when you're trying to spray paint and the wind is blowing and it's threatening rain!!
Now all I need to do is fill it with all my sewing bits and bobs!


Photos are not of great quality as it is so dull here at the moment! More photos over on flickr!