Skip to main content

A little bit of hand sewing

After a recent clean up of my little sewing space I found an old, neglected project that I started possibly over 5 years ago and then the poor little thing had been forgotten about at the bottom of a drawer!
So it was time to get it finished!
It is a felt sewing kit pattern from Eternal Maker, I think I bought about 5 years ago from the Knitting and Stitching show. I didn't follow the pattern exactly and changed some of the designs and pockets etc to suit my sewing needs and equipment and I am really happy with the way it turned out and also reminded me how much I love doing blanket stitch!!
It's a great little size for sewing on the move!
Linking up to crazy mom quilts finish it up Friday! and Amy's Crafty Shenanigans TGIFF

Comments

Michelle said…
That's adorable!
What a fun little project, love the hand stitching.
Anonymous said…
This is so absolutely darling. I want one.
This is awesome - well done for finishing (and finding) a WiP -- or would it have been a UFO?? Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!
Anonymous said…
Hy Cara! My name is Cristina and I love sewing, just like you. Today I started my first linky party about sewing tips and home living and I hope it will become a place where we can gather and share our sewing passion. I would be so glad if you would like to join my party.You can find my party at http://shabbycriss.blogspot.ro/2013/11/sewing-tips-home-living-friday-party-01.html .Hugs, Cristina.

Popular posts from this blog

Zippy pouches

Remember the QAYG panels from yesterday?
Ta-da! Here they are made into new zippy pouches!

These were so much fun to make and I'm kinda in love with them :)
I used the open wide zippered pouch tutorial from Noodlehead, although I went with my own measurements based on the panels I made and added a little divided pocket to the large pouch. They have a really good firm structure due to the wadding from the QAYG method, and although the QAYG method did take a bit more time than using a single fabric I really like the finished texture and feel of them.

Some people on IG and Flickr asked how I managed to get the stitching so neat. If you look really closely it's not perfect! I used Coats Cotton in white to sew with both as top thread and in the bobbin, stitch length 2.5 (on my Bernina 1005) and my 1/4 inch foot. When I get to the end of a row all I do is keep the needle in the work, lift up the presser foot, pivot, carefully raise the needle and move the work over so the edge of th…

Presenting the new restyled - refashioned sewing box!

Well it's finished - and I'm really pleased with it!
It may not be to every ones taste but it needed to have a little bit of pink in there somewhere!


After taking it apart completely, sanding it down, priming it, spray painting it, trying to put it back together in one go and then lining the compartment it was all worth it. It's been a learning curve!
This is also the first time that I've used spray paint - I'm normally a paint and paint brush kind of girl but now I'm a total convert and can see an addiction forming!
It's definitely worth paying the extra for the can of primer but the UK weather does not help when you're trying to spray paint and the wind is blowing and it's threatening rain!!
Now all I need to do is fill it with all my sewing bits and bobs!


Photos are not of great quality as it is so dull here at the moment! More photos over on flickr!