Skip to main content

Finally finished something!

Yay! I've finally finished something from my WIP pile! At the moment I have so many things that I want to sew and make and lots of new ideas spinning around my head that I thought I'd better finish off some things first!

So here it is - one finished Liberty Notebook cover started at the Sewing Directory London meet up :)

On a completely different note I am really pleased to be taking part in another, the fourth, year of Bee Europa. We are a group of European quilters that have been stitching strong and making some wonderful blocks and quilts, and sadly our original Bee Mama had to step down this year but I've been lucky enough to step in as Bee Mama! We have one empty space in our group! So if you've always wanted to join a Bee and fancy this one drop me an email!


Love your liberty book cover, good work, and you're right, tackle the list, one job at a time! :o)
Linh said…
Super cute!

Popular posts from this blog

Zippy pouches

Remember the QAYG panels from yesterday?
Ta-da! Here they are made into new zippy pouches!

These were so much fun to make and I'm kinda in love with them :)
I used the open wide zippered pouch tutorial from Noodlehead, although I went with my own measurements based on the panels I made and added a little divided pocket to the large pouch. They have a really good firm structure due to the wadding from the QAYG method, and although the QAYG method did take a bit more time than using a single fabric I really like the finished texture and feel of them.

Some people on IG and Flickr asked how I managed to get the stitching so neat. If you look really closely it's not perfect! I used Coats Cotton in white to sew with both as top thread and in the bobbin, stitch length 2.5 (on my Bernina 1005) and my 1/4 inch foot. When I get to the end of a row all I do is keep the needle in the work, lift up the presser foot, pivot, carefully raise the needle and move the work over so the edge of th…

Presenting the new restyled - refashioned sewing box!

Well it's finished - and I'm really pleased with it!
It may not be to every ones taste but it needed to have a little bit of pink in there somewhere!

After taking it apart completely, sanding it down, priming it, spray painting it, trying to put it back together in one go and then lining the compartment it was all worth it. It's been a learning curve!
This is also the first time that I've used spray paint - I'm normally a paint and paint brush kind of girl but now I'm a total convert and can see an addiction forming!
It's definitely worth paying the extra for the can of primer but the UK weather does not help when you're trying to spray paint and the wind is blowing and it's threatening rain!!
Now all I need to do is fill it with all my sewing bits and bobs!

Photos are not of great quality as it is so dull here at the moment! More photos over on flickr!