Skip to main content

Round 2

Thanks for all the lovely comments and emails about the iPad case!
I to was amazed by my own inspiration to use a sweater as the lining (I love it when you have a light bulb moment!) although it was that idea that resulted in the case being a tiny bit too small!!
So round 2 and version 2 is complete, in use and I am loving it!!
Here are a few pics of WIP on the machine quilted sections, there are 2 quilted sections this time to give a little more protection.
I'm getting better at free motion quilting and "stippling" although find myself needing to relax when doing this on my machine as I suddenly realise I look hilarious as I gravitate towards the machine and my shoulders are up by ears!! Concentration or what!! Any tips on how to relax when free motion quilting?

Comments

Angela said…
I love your persistence in getting your design the way you want it. I am trying to think through making a laptop sleeve for my computer, but I hesitate to start in case it's not perfect. I need to think like you and realize I can just make another one if the first one isn't just what I want.
Kat said…
Your FMQ looks great! I've just recently started to FMQ but I've noticed that my shoulders usually end up near my ears, too. Too funny!

Popular posts from this blog

Zippy pouches

Remember the QAYG panels from yesterday?
Ta-da! Here they are made into new zippy pouches!

These were so much fun to make and I'm kinda in love with them :)
I used the open wide zippered pouch tutorial from Noodlehead, although I went with my own measurements based on the panels I made and added a little divided pocket to the large pouch. They have a really good firm structure due to the wadding from the QAYG method, and although the QAYG method did take a bit more time than using a single fabric I really like the finished texture and feel of them.

Some people on IG and Flickr asked how I managed to get the stitching so neat. If you look really closely it's not perfect! I used Coats Cotton in white to sew with both as top thread and in the bobbin, stitch length 2.5 (on my Bernina 1005) and my 1/4 inch foot. When I get to the end of a row all I do is keep the needle in the work, lift up the presser foot, pivot, carefully raise the needle and move the work over so the edge of th…

Presenting the new restyled - refashioned sewing box!

Well it's finished - and I'm really pleased with it!
It may not be to every ones taste but it needed to have a little bit of pink in there somewhere!


After taking it apart completely, sanding it down, priming it, spray painting it, trying to put it back together in one go and then lining the compartment it was all worth it. It's been a learning curve!
This is also the first time that I've used spray paint - I'm normally a paint and paint brush kind of girl but now I'm a total convert and can see an addiction forming!
It's definitely worth paying the extra for the can of primer but the UK weather does not help when you're trying to spray paint and the wind is blowing and it's threatening rain!!
Now all I need to do is fill it with all my sewing bits and bobs!


Photos are not of great quality as it is so dull here at the moment! More photos over on flickr!