Monday, August 8, 2011

4x5 Modern Quilt Bee

So I've joined another Quilt Bee!!
This one is a bit different .....

About 4x5 modern Quilt Bee
The idea of this Modern Sampler Bee is where each block is constructed using a different pattern and even if two people make the same pattern, it will be made with different fabrics. We want to celebrate the talents and creativity of each other regardless of their experience level.

What’s in the name? The reason why it’s called the 4x5 Modern Bee is you’ll be swapping 4 times a year with 5 members. At the end of the year you should have 20 unique blocks to make a fabulous quilt! (taken from Flickr)



My fellow members in Hive 2 (I love that we've all been put into hive's!!) have all chosen lovely colour choices and put together some wonderful inspiration mosaics to help come up with fabric and block ideas. 
So I pulled all the fabric and spent ages umming and ahhing over which block to choose but finally decided on "Rocky Road to Kansas". 
Here is the fabric that I've pulled for each member and an example of the block (which I did not make):

So today there was a bit of this.....
and a bit of that......
and quite a few cups of tea in between to arrive at this sample block!
 I just need to make one for each of my hive members now!!
{P.S there is an amazing tutorial for this block at Fresh Lemons Quilts}



1 comment:

sukie said...

Love love love your block choice. I think your fabric choice is what makes the block awesome though! Great taste!