Monday, January 24, 2011

Bee Europa

I'm so loving my time as a Bumblebee in the Bee Europa quilting bee but it will soon beeeee over!!
Time has beeeeen and gone!
It's beeeeen such good fun!

(OK stop it now *note to self the bee puns are getting a little too cheesy*)

I just have the fabric and block instructions for the month of January to arrive and that will be the last block to complete. I was so pleased to be invited by Hanies to join this group as a quilting bee was totally new to me along with quilting being a new venture it has been such a great learning curve.
Talking of curves .... (someone stop me now with the cheese - comedy central or what!) these were my latest completed blocks.



Although they are not a traditional block we were asked to produce mood curves for a modern mood quilt which will then be made into blocks. I was a little hesitant at first as to what these would turn out like and whether there would be enough of a curve, but hoping my partner likes them.


 The story behind a modern mood quilt originates from here and is quite fascinating in terms of what colours mean and not being too prescriptive in your order of construction. It was such fun!
Fingers crossed hoping there is another Bee around the corner somewhere! (Although I have all my blocks to somehow join together to make a quilt!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know it might seem mad but they remind me of ' follow the yellow brick road' - I love them!

Inspiredbyfelix said...

Wow! Curved blocks is a new one on me, fab, can't wait to see how these come together!