Skip to main content

Bee Europa

I'm so loving my time as a Bumblebee in the Bee Europa quilting bee but it will soon beeeee over!!
Time has beeeeen and gone!
It's beeeeen such good fun!

(OK stop it now *note to self the bee puns are getting a little too cheesy*)

I just have the fabric and block instructions for the month of January to arrive and that will be the last block to complete. I was so pleased to be invited by Hanies to join this group as a quilting bee was totally new to me along with quilting being a new venture it has been such a great learning curve.
Talking of curves .... (someone stop me now with the cheese - comedy central or what!) these were my latest completed blocks.



Although they are not a traditional block we were asked to produce mood curves for a modern mood quilt which will then be made into blocks. I was a little hesitant at first as to what these would turn out like and whether there would be enough of a curve, but hoping my partner likes them.


 The story behind a modern mood quilt originates from here and is quite fascinating in terms of what colours mean and not being too prescriptive in your order of construction. It was such fun!
Fingers crossed hoping there is another Bee around the corner somewhere! (Although I have all my blocks to somehow join together to make a quilt!)

Comments

I know it might seem mad but they remind me of ' follow the yellow brick road' - I love them!
Inspiredbyfelix said…
Wow! Curved blocks is a new one on me, fab, can't wait to see how these come together!

Popular posts from this blog

Zippy pouches

Remember the QAYG panels from yesterday?
Ta-da! Here they are made into new zippy pouches!

These were so much fun to make and I'm kinda in love with them :)
I used the open wide zippered pouch tutorial from Noodlehead, although I went with my own measurements based on the panels I made and added a little divided pocket to the large pouch. They have a really good firm structure due to the wadding from the QAYG method, and although the QAYG method did take a bit more time than using a single fabric I really like the finished texture and feel of them.

Some people on IG and Flickr asked how I managed to get the stitching so neat. If you look really closely it's not perfect! I used Coats Cotton in white to sew with both as top thread and in the bobbin, stitch length 2.5 (on my Bernina 1005) and my 1/4 inch foot. When I get to the end of a row all I do is keep the needle in the work, lift up the presser foot, pivot, carefully raise the needle and move the work over so the edge of th…

Presenting the new restyled - refashioned sewing box!

Well it's finished - and I'm really pleased with it!
It may not be to every ones taste but it needed to have a little bit of pink in there somewhere!


After taking it apart completely, sanding it down, priming it, spray painting it, trying to put it back together in one go and then lining the compartment it was all worth it. It's been a learning curve!
This is also the first time that I've used spray paint - I'm normally a paint and paint brush kind of girl but now I'm a total convert and can see an addiction forming!
It's definitely worth paying the extra for the can of primer but the UK weather does not help when you're trying to spray paint and the wind is blowing and it's threatening rain!!
Now all I need to do is fill it with all my sewing bits and bobs!


Photos are not of great quality as it is so dull here at the moment! More photos over on flickr!