Skip to main content

Weird Weather!!

The weather over here is very strange at the moment!
Yesterday morning woke up to this outside:



Unfortunately that lovely view is not from my house but from a hotel that I was staying in. How picturesque!

Giveaway results:

Congratulations to lesalicious! If you can email me your details it will be in the post. Thanks to everyone that left comments, it was lovely to here from lots of new readers. Look out for the next giveaway in May!

Comments

buebau said…
What a magnific view...
Congratulations lesalicious! You are a lucky girl!!!
And thank you Cara for being so kind.
Hugs
Lesalicious said…
WOW congrats to me. Thanks Cara I will like I said, have to keep visiting your blog. Thanks will totally send you all the information can't wait to show off my gift on my blog:)
muralimanohar said…
Man, with winter starting here, I am totally mourning that we won't get that kind of view with it! :p

Popular posts from this blog

Zippy pouches

Remember the QAYG panels from yesterday?
Ta-da! Here they are made into new zippy pouches!

These were so much fun to make and I'm kinda in love with them :)
I used the open wide zippered pouch tutorial from Noodlehead, although I went with my own measurements based on the panels I made and added a little divided pocket to the large pouch. They have a really good firm structure due to the wadding from the QAYG method, and although the QAYG method did take a bit more time than using a single fabric I really like the finished texture and feel of them.

Some people on IG and Flickr asked how I managed to get the stitching so neat. If you look really closely it's not perfect! I used Coats Cotton in white to sew with both as top thread and in the bobbin, stitch length 2.5 (on my Bernina 1005) and my 1/4 inch foot. When I get to the end of a row all I do is keep the needle in the work, lift up the presser foot, pivot, carefully raise the needle and move the work over so the edge of th…

Presenting the new restyled - refashioned sewing box!

Well it's finished - and I'm really pleased with it!
It may not be to every ones taste but it needed to have a little bit of pink in there somewhere!


After taking it apart completely, sanding it down, priming it, spray painting it, trying to put it back together in one go and then lining the compartment it was all worth it. It's been a learning curve!
This is also the first time that I've used spray paint - I'm normally a paint and paint brush kind of girl but now I'm a total convert and can see an addiction forming!
It's definitely worth paying the extra for the can of primer but the UK weather does not help when you're trying to spray paint and the wind is blowing and it's threatening rain!!
Now all I need to do is fill it with all my sewing bits and bobs!


Photos are not of great quality as it is so dull here at the moment! More photos over on flickr!