Sunday, April 11, 2021

Sunday Sewing and Quilting catch up

Anyone else like me and have several projects on the go at once?!

Probably why I have so many WIP's!

This week I've been working on a few different projects. First up is curved piecing. I grabbed some fabric from my stash and love the outcome. More of this to come soon!


This cute eco snack bag was made with a free pattern from Minki Kim. Such a quick make and a great idea for snacks or an alternative for gift wrap. Thinking this would be a good idea at Christmas time in cute Christmas fabric! Minki also has a free You tube video for making it too. Check it out here!

Of the quilts I have made I started and finished them myself including the quilting. The basting process is the stage I really don't enjoy and probably the reason for lots of quilt tops being complete but not finished! I enjoy the quilting process and although I sometimes struggle with squeezing my quilt into my Bernina Artista and having to wrangle with it I like the process of walking foot quilting and free motion quilting. Recently, I was lucky to purchase a new to me Freestyle Quilting frame. This is an old style frame from Cotton Orchard Quilting. So far I've only had a bit of a play but am really looking forward to loading up a quilt and having a go at different designs and not having to put my back out basting the quilt top on the floor!  

Last up on the sewing table this week is an old WIP. This is the Maker's tote by Noodlehead. I've had the fabric cut out for ages but finally managed to make some progress! I do love a bit of colour matching and happened to have the perfect colour zip and Aurifil thread to use!


So, yes lots of different projects being quilted or sewn up this week and loving every single one!
What have you been sewing or quilting this week? Would love to know!

Happy Stitching!

No comments: