Skip to main content

Back up and running - well kind of!

Well I took a hiatus from social media for a while..... lost interest, wanted some time back because IG, blogs etc. are fantastic but I can lose a good few hours, plus I haven't been doing any sewing or quilting for absolutely ages!!
Then I felt the need to get back into it all until...... I got back on Instagram and my account had been hacked! Not going to go into it in too much detail in this post but lets just say we put our hearts and trust in a little app which has the worst customer support ever!! In fact I don't think there is even any support just little automated bots!
Then there is Flickr..... a platform I loved! It kind of started my creative journey, put me in touch with lots of creative like minded people in real life and the swaps and bees - they were great!!! BUT another company was taking it over and I decided to close my account down, hence the strange looking images on this blog right now! So I have a bit of tidying up to do, need to think about blogging, where it is going etc. etc. but for now I'm going to dip my toes back in.

So if you were following me on Instagram and maybe wondered why I blocked you, because I definitely didn't, you can now find me @Cara_Pink_Stitches

So for now keeping it short and sweet and hope to sweep off the very thick layer of dust from my sewing machine some time soon!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zippy pouches

Remember the QAYG panels from yesterday?
Ta-da! Here they are made into new zippy pouches!

These were so much fun to make and I'm kinda in love with them :)
I used the open wide zippered pouch tutorial from Noodlehead, although I went with my own measurements based on the panels I made and added a little divided pocket to the large pouch. They have a really good firm structure due to the wadding from the QAYG method, and although the QAYG method did take a bit more time than using a single fabric I really like the finished texture and feel of them.

Some people on IG and Flickr asked how I managed to get the stitching so neat. If you look really closely it's not perfect! I used Coats Cotton in white to sew with both as top thread and in the bobbin, stitch length 2.5 (on my Bernina 1005) and my 1/4 inch foot. When I get to the end of a row all I do is keep the needle in the work, lift up the presser foot, pivot, carefully raise the needle and move the work over so the edge of th…

Presenting the new restyled - refashioned sewing box!

Well it's finished - and I'm really pleased with it!
It may not be to every ones taste but it needed to have a little bit of pink in there somewhere!


After taking it apart completely, sanding it down, priming it, spray painting it, trying to put it back together in one go and then lining the compartment it was all worth it. It's been a learning curve!
This is also the first time that I've used spray paint - I'm normally a paint and paint brush kind of girl but now I'm a total convert and can see an addiction forming!
It's definitely worth paying the extra for the can of primer but the UK weather does not help when you're trying to spray paint and the wind is blowing and it's threatening rain!!
Now all I need to do is fill it with all my sewing bits and bobs!


Photos are not of great quality as it is so dull here at the moment! More photos over on flickr!