Sunday, January 4, 2015

Looking back to look forward!

Happy New Year!
It's been such a long time since I visited my own blog I need to remind myself how this all works! Hopefully it will all come back to me! 
Various reasons why I have been MIA since last August - health problems, a lack of creative mojo, broken computer and not getting my work/life balance in any kind of balance - all things which I hope to put right this year. Lots happened last year I never got around to sharing - attending the Fat Quarterly retreat, being part of the London Modern Quilt Guild exhibition at the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham, being part of two fantastic Bee's, another amazing round of the Sew, Sew Modern swap, completing my first quilt plus lots of other little visits and exhibitions along the way!

So in order for me to move forward and help my regain my creative mojo I finally downloaded some photos off my camera, yes camera!! I had forgotten I had a load of photos on there as these days I tend to rely solely on my iPhone!
Having done this and thinking last year was probably my least creative for ages, I was pleasantly surprised with what I had produced and most of them forgotten as they were hidden away on my camera!!
So here we go, a mixture of makes, swaps and bee blocks!!



Hopefully there are still some of you out there reading this little old blog and I will get back into sometime kind of routine as I have missed you all!! 

3 comments:

moira said...

Gorgeous makes. I had a similar second half to 2014 so hope that your mojo is back and raring to take 2015 by storm

Unknown said...

Hi, having had a long absence myself I have decided to get my life in order and get back into the creative loop which through many reasons like you managed to leave me! so just to say welcome back into the blogging world and may we both make 2015 a productive one!

Sewing Directory said...

Wow you made loads! It's good rediscovering photos you forgot about isn't it? I did the same and found 3 months of pics just when I was feeling guilty we hadn't done much the last few months. Then found pics of lots of family days out so didn't feel quite so bad.

Here's hoping 2015 is a creative year for you.