Skip to main content

The Sewing Directory Meet up!

Yep it's only taken me a week to sit down and finally write this post but hey things never change!
Last Saturday I spent a wonderful afternoon in the company of an amazing and talented bunch of ladies at The Sewing Directory London Meet up. Travelling down to London I was excited and nervous (I'm never great at mingling!) but when I was greeted by the lovely Fiona I knew I was in for a wonderful afternoon with friendly like minded crafty peeps!
We spent the afternoon chatting, sewing and drooling over the gorgeous Liberty fabrics that the lovely Sue from Sewbox had provided. Jenna from Sew Happy Geek gave us a quick tute on how to make the fab notebook covers that she had bought with her and off we went! We were provided with all we needed and I managed to do a bit of stitching amongst the chatting, cakes and tea!
It was a lovely surprise to receive great little goodie bags from Sue and then she offered us more Liberty fat quarters to take home at the end of the day! There was also a raffle and luckily enough everyone went home with a prize and I was lucky girl to win this gorgeous Geo Grand Fabric by Daisy Janie!
It was a great afternoon meeting new people and Instagram and Blogging peeps in person!
Thanks again to Fiona for a wonderful afternoon, Jenna for the tute and inspiration and Sue for the wonderful fabrics! Following photos borrowed from Fiona :)
This Saturday I didn't have so much fun getting the car MOT'ed!

Comments

That sounds like loads of fun! :o)
Anonymous said…
Eek! Floral fabric heaven. Looks like so much fun! You have a lovely blog!x

Popular posts from this blog

Zippy pouches

Remember the QAYG panels from yesterday?
Ta-da! Here they are made into new zippy pouches!

These were so much fun to make and I'm kinda in love with them :)
I used the open wide zippered pouch tutorial from Noodlehead, although I went with my own measurements based on the panels I made and added a little divided pocket to the large pouch. They have a really good firm structure due to the wadding from the QAYG method, and although the QAYG method did take a bit more time than using a single fabric I really like the finished texture and feel of them.

Some people on IG and Flickr asked how I managed to get the stitching so neat. If you look really closely it's not perfect! I used Coats Cotton in white to sew with both as top thread and in the bobbin, stitch length 2.5 (on my Bernina 1005) and my 1/4 inch foot. When I get to the end of a row all I do is keep the needle in the work, lift up the presser foot, pivot, carefully raise the needle and move the work over so the edge of th…

Presenting the new restyled - refashioned sewing box!

Well it's finished - and I'm really pleased with it!
It may not be to every ones taste but it needed to have a little bit of pink in there somewhere!


After taking it apart completely, sanding it down, priming it, spray painting it, trying to put it back together in one go and then lining the compartment it was all worth it. It's been a learning curve!
This is also the first time that I've used spray paint - I'm normally a paint and paint brush kind of girl but now I'm a total convert and can see an addiction forming!
It's definitely worth paying the extra for the can of primer but the UK weather does not help when you're trying to spray paint and the wind is blowing and it's threatening rain!!
Now all I need to do is fill it with all my sewing bits and bobs!


Photos are not of great quality as it is so dull here at the moment! More photos over on flickr!