Skip to main content

Revealed

So here is the after of my transformation (sorry later than planned - Snow got in the way, very exciting over here in the UK!)


First I applied a layer of primer. I've used a few cheaper shop brand spray paints but now always use my favourite from Rust-Oleum. Reasonably priced and a great range of colours.
A tip for any newbies to spray painting when I first started to use spray paint (rather than a paint brush) I used to think that having to spray a layer of primer and wait for this to dry before applying the actual paint was an unnecessary stage, but think again, applying a layer of primer gives a much better finish.
So after the primer I then applied 2 layers of white gloss. I then found this cute "Create" sign from Hobby craft for 99p and gave this a coat of Berry Pink gloss.



 Out came my glue gun and hey presto a cute and functional place to hang some of my projects!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zippy pouches

Remember the QAYG panels from yesterday?
Ta-da! Here they are made into new zippy pouches!

These were so much fun to make and I'm kinda in love with them :)
I used the open wide zippered pouch tutorial from Noodlehead, although I went with my own measurements based on the panels I made and added a little divided pocket to the large pouch. They have a really good firm structure due to the wadding from the QAYG method, and although the QAYG method did take a bit more time than using a single fabric I really like the finished texture and feel of them.

Some people on IG and Flickr asked how I managed to get the stitching so neat. If you look really closely it's not perfect! I used Coats Cotton in white to sew with both as top thread and in the bobbin, stitch length 2.5 (on my Bernina 1005) and my 1/4 inch foot. When I get to the end of a row all I do is keep the needle in the work, lift up the presser foot, pivot, carefully raise the needle and move the work over so the edge of th…

Presenting the new restyled - refashioned sewing box!

Well it's finished - and I'm really pleased with it!
It may not be to every ones taste but it needed to have a little bit of pink in there somewhere!


After taking it apart completely, sanding it down, priming it, spray painting it, trying to put it back together in one go and then lining the compartment it was all worth it. It's been a learning curve!
This is also the first time that I've used spray paint - I'm normally a paint and paint brush kind of girl but now I'm a total convert and can see an addiction forming!
It's definitely worth paying the extra for the can of primer but the UK weather does not help when you're trying to spray paint and the wind is blowing and it's threatening rain!!
Now all I need to do is fill it with all my sewing bits and bobs!


Photos are not of great quality as it is so dull here at the moment! More photos over on flickr!