Skip to main content

Day One 2012

2012 has arrived and day one is nearly over!
It's been a lovely start to the New Year - family, (more) food, films and catching up on my blog reading (and we'll bypass the fact that my last post was October 2011, can't quite believe that myself!)

In the spirit of reading everyone's reviews of the past and plans for the new I've decided just to focus on my plans for 2012 as looking back I was not as productive as I would have liked.
So to kick start the New Year and hopefully re ignite my crafty mojo I've signed up for what looks like just what I need...... new skills and techniques, playing around with new block designs which all hopefully results in a wonderful and finished quilt!

Craftsy Block of the Month


Can't wait to get started!
Happy 2012 everyone!!

Comments

Welcome back!!!

Happy New Year!

Melinda
KC'sCourt! said…
Happy New Year
I have just signed up too
Julie xxxxxx

Popular posts from this blog

Zippy pouches

Remember the QAYG panels from yesterday?
Ta-da! Here they are made into new zippy pouches!

These were so much fun to make and I'm kinda in love with them :)
I used the open wide zippered pouch tutorial from Noodlehead, although I went with my own measurements based on the panels I made and added a little divided pocket to the large pouch. They have a really good firm structure due to the wadding from the QAYG method, and although the QAYG method did take a bit more time than using a single fabric I really like the finished texture and feel of them.

Some people on IG and Flickr asked how I managed to get the stitching so neat. If you look really closely it's not perfect! I used Coats Cotton in white to sew with both as top thread and in the bobbin, stitch length 2.5 (on my Bernina 1005) and my 1/4 inch foot. When I get to the end of a row all I do is keep the needle in the work, lift up the presser foot, pivot, carefully raise the needle and move the work over so the edge of th…

Presenting the new restyled - refashioned sewing box!

Well it's finished - and I'm really pleased with it!
It may not be to every ones taste but it needed to have a little bit of pink in there somewhere!


After taking it apart completely, sanding it down, priming it, spray painting it, trying to put it back together in one go and then lining the compartment it was all worth it. It's been a learning curve!
This is also the first time that I've used spray paint - I'm normally a paint and paint brush kind of girl but now I'm a total convert and can see an addiction forming!
It's definitely worth paying the extra for the can of primer but the UK weather does not help when you're trying to spray paint and the wind is blowing and it's threatening rain!!
Now all I need to do is fill it with all my sewing bits and bobs!


Photos are not of great quality as it is so dull here at the moment! More photos over on flickr!