Skip to main content

Applique flowers in spring!


This is my applique panel that I completed at my last quilting class yesterday. It was nice to complete something different and I haven't done applique for ages! I've also found a true love for freezer paper!
I'm really pleased with the end results and the colour combinations and patterns of the fabrics. Thinking I might try and add borders to this to make it a centre piece for a mini quilt! Well I can dream about completing it anyway!
More photos over at Flickr.




Comments

Stacy Michell said…
Hello!
I love your blog! so pretty! This project caught my eye. And you mentioned you wanted to do more for this project. It appears to be the corner block from one of my patterns. Here is a link to the full design.
http://stores.homestead.com/hstrial-ABogdan0/-strse-15/quilting/Detail.bok
Would love to know more about this project.
Enjoy,

Stacy Michell
Stacy Michell said…
Hello!

I love you blog! So pretty. I ran across this image, it lead me to your site. You mentioned wanting to do more... It appears to be just like the corner block in one of my patterns.
http://stores.homestead.com/hstrial-ABogdan0/-strse-15/quilting/Detail.bok
I have not done much business in England, I think that is where you are... so, I was happy to see it there!

Enjoy!

Stacy Michell
www.ShadesTextiles.co

Popular posts from this blog

Zippy pouches

Remember the QAYG panels from yesterday?
Ta-da! Here they are made into new zippy pouches!

These were so much fun to make and I'm kinda in love with them :)
I used the open wide zippered pouch tutorial from Noodlehead, although I went with my own measurements based on the panels I made and added a little divided pocket to the large pouch. They have a really good firm structure due to the wadding from the QAYG method, and although the QAYG method did take a bit more time than using a single fabric I really like the finished texture and feel of them.

Some people on IG and Flickr asked how I managed to get the stitching so neat. If you look really closely it's not perfect! I used Coats Cotton in white to sew with both as top thread and in the bobbin, stitch length 2.5 (on my Bernina 1005) and my 1/4 inch foot. When I get to the end of a row all I do is keep the needle in the work, lift up the presser foot, pivot, carefully raise the needle and move the work over so the edge of th…

Presenting the new restyled - refashioned sewing box!

Well it's finished - and I'm really pleased with it!
It may not be to every ones taste but it needed to have a little bit of pink in there somewhere!


After taking it apart completely, sanding it down, priming it, spray painting it, trying to put it back together in one go and then lining the compartment it was all worth it. It's been a learning curve!
This is also the first time that I've used spray paint - I'm normally a paint and paint brush kind of girl but now I'm a total convert and can see an addiction forming!
It's definitely worth paying the extra for the can of primer but the UK weather does not help when you're trying to spray paint and the wind is blowing and it's threatening rain!!
Now all I need to do is fill it with all my sewing bits and bobs!


Photos are not of great quality as it is so dull here at the moment! More photos over on flickr!